Blog Post Three
You are going to need:
125g unsalted butter
10 tbsp golden syrup
100g light soft brown sugar
250g porridge oats
1 tube of Smarties (or as many as you fancy!)
1. Before you get started you will need to preheat your oven to 180 degrees and line a 20cm square baking tin with greaseproof paper ready for later.
2. Get a medium sized saucepan and melt your butter over a low heat. Once melted, add in the golden syrup and sugar. Keep stirring until the sugar has dissolved and stir until everything is well combined.
3. Take the saucepan and place onto a heat proof mat before adding in the oats and mixing until well combined.
4. Pour the mix into the tin and evenly spread it out and press down with a spoon.
5. Pop the tin into the oven to bake for 20 minutes.
6. Once out of the oven and on a heat proof mat, press the Smarties into the top of the flapjacks. Leave in the tin until cool, then remove and cut into squares – totally yummy!